SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, went to start my '03 after a couple of days of not driving and the Battery Charging (Check Battery) and Central Warning Light are on. SID says car is fine, but I get a chime.

Owners manual says to check alternator drive belt. Looks fine as far as I can tell.

Any way to test it and anything I should look for?

Any other things that could be wrong? New battery that is three months old. I'm guessing the alternaor could also being going.

Curious as to input and possible costs with regards to what could be wrong.

First problem i have had with this used 9-5 I got in June with 46,000 miles on it. Not surprisingly, the warrenty expired 6 days ago.

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
Check the wiring for starter and alternator - especially positive lead to the startermotor and the ground connections to body and gearbox for corrosion and loose connections. Other possibilty is worn brushes (not very likely at 46000 miles) or damaged voltage regulator. Check the belt for tension and slipping. Check the connector to the battery warning light at the alternator for connection to the bulb.

·
Registered
5,641 Posts
If you need anything done I know a good mechanic up on Street Rd, north of philly. PM me if you want his info.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts