SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
622 Posts
Inline filters from crutch like CBR says. What stereo do you have? I'm pretty sure that most of the speakers in the car put out almost no bass anyway besides the door speakers for AMP 1.

·
Super Moderator
10,292 Posts
I'm pretty sure that most of the speakers in the car put out almost no bass anyway besides the door speakers for AMP 1.
Correct,the frequencies are filtered to each speaker,only doors & 6x9 get the sub/mid bass frequency..

Ronaldo1212 said:
Iv'e installed sub-woofers and amp but I want to remove bass from the speakers
this's what confused me..:confused:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the welcoming and quick reply. rb88 is right, I just want to stop low frequencies from passing through all speakers. Iv'e done it before on other vehicles I've owned. But one problem, since I'm feeding my amp from one of the speakers I'm guessing that rear speaker will still have to suffer.

But, from what iv'e read so far i see that all speakers do not receive those low frequencies?

Btw newbie to forums if you can't tell... sorry guys.

·
Registered
622 Posts
Thanks for the welcoming and quick reply. rb88 is right, I just want to stop low frequencies from passing through all speakers. Iv'e done it before on other vehicles I've owned. But one problem, since I'm feeding my amp from one of the speakers I'm guessing that rear speaker will still have to suffer.

But, from what iv'e read so far i see that all speakers do not receive those low frequencies?

Btw newbie to forums if you can't tell... sorry guys.
You could filter the rear speaker after you tap it for signal? Also your bass would probably be better if you filtered out the highs before that gets to the amp.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.