SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi
the other day i thied something out the dump valve on my t5 9-3. i took the tube that connects the dump vlave to the intake off. then i took a plug and pluged up the hole in the intake. now it sounds just like a BOV and it was FREE to do! so far no problems with it. i did the same thing on my 9000 AERO and its even louder! now you can actually hear the turbo on my 9-3 blow off. no problems so far. has anyone tried this yet??

ben

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
Yes a lot of people have done this. You might want to get some sort of filter on the end of the bpv now bov. Most people have to replace the factory part anyways as when you add more boost it won't hold and will start the horrible honking!

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ya i thought about that, the filter thing. i also would have guessed that would have been a pretty common thing to do, being so simple, jsut never herd of anyone dong it on here before.

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
lol, yea thats kinda old news...but its cool though. whish us t7 guys coud do this!

·
Registered
919 Posts
If you the JR badge doesnt mean much to you, there are filters this size availible at advance etc...

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
I had that before I got my real BOV.

·
Registered
164 Posts
wholy so all you have to do is take off that stupid rubber pipe and plug hte whole .. im tempted to run out in the rain and do this right now

·
Registered
164 Posts
okay sorry for the tripple post but i got one question .. would you be loosing any boost considering that the air is now not being bypassed back into the intake .. or is it sucha a small amount that it really means nothing

·
Registered
434 Posts
I don't think you lose boost, but some may say you loose boost response when you get back on throttle. I lost some boost response getting back on throttle and went back to a BPV (upgraded of course).

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
avixcore...you have a viggen right? I'm pretty sure they use t7 and you cant dump witht hem anyway, thats why it probably wasnt working out for you

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
I wouldn't say you're loosing any boost. If anything this may help a bit as the air that is coming out of the bpv would be potentially hotter than the air in the regular intake

·
Registered
335 Posts
he took off the larger one. the one at 12 o'clock in your picture that runs across the front of the engine bay over to the intake, NOT the smaller one that runs off to the right in your picture

·
Registered
2,869 Posts
avixcore said:
I don't think you lose boost, but some may say you loose boost response when you get back on throttle. I lost some boost response getting back on throttle and went back to a BPV (upgraded of course).

oh yes you do! if you look at your gauge during shifts, normally the boost should stay during shifts somewhat, but without that air recirculating theres no pressure left and your boost drops off. Granted it comes right back but I did notice a definate difference. When i put in my new intake I had to disconnect all that stuff.. mine honks a bit so I need to get that fixed.

·
Registered
487 Posts
between every shift you should go to full vacume, unless your foot is still on the gas. actully everytime you take your foot off the gass it should go full vaccume. cause the plate closes and the BOV vents all the extra air ( there for not pushing up against the plate and making it hard to open) having a upgraded BOV will help in boost responce. if you take the hose off your stock one you'll notice that is pissing air out at idle. now imagine when your really on the gas. an up graded will hold boost pressure up untill you left off the gas, then release quickly and snap back so that you have full boost again sooner. the only real difrence from a BOV to a return is that the BOV is loud ( not something car makers want) and that the MAF in the T7 wants it there maf's suck for BOV's.

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
I did this a very long time ago on my 9000. When I plugged it back in, I noticed that the boost was going slightly higher. It was going more into the red/yellow section. When it is unplugged it sounds so good but I think I loose boost in my 9000. In my stupid 900 that I returned (FYI: NG900 topic: "LEMON") when I unplugged it, it wasn't loud at all. I think it was probably broken like everything else on the car. :x Happy venting :D

1 - 19 of 19 Posts