SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, i'm trying to get rid of a bunch of the clutter in my engine bay/dashboard area :lol: those switches that i showed pics of the other day, the pedal switches that are part of the cruise control system... what happens if i take those off? will i be stuck on base boost once i put my APC back in because the circuit will be closed? or is it the other way around? will i need to jumper the connections? i also took out the thinger in the engine bay thats directly above the charcoal canister, will i have to jumper anythign in that three pin connector?

·
Registered
5,779 Posts
I took out my cc vacuum pump (the one above the charcoal canister) and the APC still works...

·
Registered
7,035 Posts
Mike the cruise isn't much, seriously. It can also be really easy to fix.:(

·
4,637 Posts
If you do want to remove it, you need to assess how the pedal switches work. If it's the case that they are open circuit when the pedals are up, then you will be able to just unplug them. OTOH, if they are closed circuit with the pedals up, you will need to jump the wiring or find out the cruise control's feed to the APC and disable that.

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
woy: i know, and i believe i know why it doesn't work at the moment (vacuum lines were cracked to hell), but honestly, i hate cruise control, i dont use it, i drove from here to the beach (7 hours) without cruise :lol:

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
There's an APC cut-out switch that prevents max boost while cruise is on. It's the small brown/black part screwed to the inside of the left fender area with a red cap on top. It has a vacuum line and a 2 prong connector. It's near the APC box. When removing this, jump the 2 wires together, or you'll be at base boost.

Good luck,
-Rob

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
RM '92 SPG said:
There's an APC cut-out switch that prevents max boost while cruise is on. It's the small brown/black part screwed to the inside of the left fender area with a red cap on top. It has a vacuum line and a 2 prong connector. It's near the APC box. When removing this, jump the 2 wires together, or you'll be at base boost.

Good luck,
-Rob
so THAT'S why it did it that time... hmmm, i may well wire those two wires with a switch...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts