SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2006 9-3 with the b207L engine (4 cyl 2.0T)

Does this engine have a barometric pressure sensor and/or a secondary air pump?

Reason I ask is a 2005 ECU was installed in this 2006 engine (and programmed) and immediately threw codes for these items, p2228 and p0410. I was told by a mechanic that the 2006 engine does not have those parts so when the 2005 ECU searches for them and doesn't find them, it decides that they are faulty, broken or missing, thus the codes. He said I needed a 2006 ECU properly programmed to eliminate the codes.

Anyone know if this is accurate? Is the problem really the ECU or do those parts need replacing. Thanks for the help.

·
Super Moderator
9,061 Posts
If your engine is a B207L >>>2.0t not T..the sai was only fitted to the MY03 B207 engines and 2.8V6,the barometric sensor wasn't fitted to all B207 engines.. So i'd say the ecu is off a 03..

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thanks for the quick reply, but I made a dumb mistake.

The engine is actually the B207R according to the SAAB VIN decoder.

The ECU was billed as a 2005 ECU by the seller, 'modulemadness' on Ebay.

I don't know if that mechanic confirmed independently from what I told him, that the ECU was from an '05. I had told him it was from an '05.

But from your answer, it seems like if I replace the ECU with one from a 2006 and have it properly programmed, those codes will disappear along with the lit up CEL.

·
Registered
2,957 Posts
U need to reprogram ur new ECU with SAAB SPS .. or reinstall ur old ECU backup its data and flash it to the new ECU

·
Super Moderator
20,203 Posts
Always make life easier by purchasing an ECU from same model and trim as your car. Most mechanics can't or don't know how to SPS reprogram ECU data onto the ECU so they usually give it back with these issues.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts