SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trying to figure out what is going on with my as3 stereo on 2000 Saab 9 5 aero 4door.
-Everything works on the HU.
-The SID says SID PROG on startup.
-volume goes up and down except it only gets audible once it gets close to max??
-sounds good/clear with no pops through the speakers but extremely quiet.

Do I need to get the SID programmed to get more volume or is my amp in the footwell toasted?
Can I test the amp or wires in/out to see if it is the amp HU or just SID programming?
Don’t know if it matters but there are some holes drilled that look like they once had a phone mounted so could it be stuck on phone mute if disconnected improperly?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think the amp controls the doors back? Wouldn’t the dash speakers work if it were just the amp?

·
Registered
7,666 Posts
Are you listening radio, CD or AUX?
If AUX, you have to increase input volume from your phone etc to max.

You need to disconnect phone wirings from TEL connector. If wires are shorted, you have quiet sound.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
CD, radio or tape all play at super low volume (no aux). I don’t see any wires hanging out from telephone hook up but if it were the phone hook up shouldnt it say telephone on the Sid? Or do I need to re power or unhook mute wire?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I took the HU out and couldn’t see anything out of the ordinary. Saw some empty plugs. There was a blue plug for the phone hook ups and black with red slider plug that I don’t know what it’s for? Anyone?

·
Registered
7,666 Posts
Blue one is TEL connector.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
  1. HOLY F BALLS!!!!! Took The ample part and it look like there was a couple corroded terminals. Clean them up with a Q-tip and rubbing alcohol then plugged it in and nothing. Last ditch effort I put some electrical connecter grease on the plug. Plugged it in and Yahoo holy F balls!!!
  2. It works!!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts