SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
906 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few days ago my wife went with me for a little jaunt in my '87 and she commented on how noisy it seemed to be. You know, she was right, I had not noticed prior. The noise seemed to be coming from the suspension so I sprayed some silicone on my bushings which did seem to help, now the only noise was a clunk. Today, thanks from a previous post on this board, I drilled a hole in the bottom balljoint, tapped it out, installed a grease fitting, and gave it several good shots of grease. No more clunk.

I just want to thank those who came before me with ideas and ways to take care of problems. It is very much appreciated.

·
Banned
637 Posts
No, No NO... Replace the Ball joint!! you have only hidden the problem.. what will SHE say when the wheel falls off(assuming she is still capable of speaking).... and it will.fall off sooner rather than later.
Ball joints cost like $13 .. this is real life., snooze and you will lose.

·
Registered
906 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No, No, No....this was only a bandaid solution until the new ones arrive. I need the car this week for work. But the new ones will get grease fitting prior to installation. I can't believe they aren't there to begin with.

Funny thing is the ball joint had no movement, everything looked nice and tight.

·
Registered
7,035 Posts
my experince that the saab joints have very little play, just do all 4! the car will handle awsome! get good ones too! peace of mind, i love getting new balljoints, the car is way better after!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts