SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

I am after a BOV for my 95 2.3 Ecopower, i have found a Baileys Twin piston dump valve with a fitting kit for £115 but its listed for the saab 9000 2.3 turbo. Would this fit???

also i have read on other threads on this website that these BOV's dont work with my engine , however abbot racing supplies them , any ideas??

if anyone is running one of these on their 2.3 T i would appreciate feedback on it and if there are any good websites to get them from for a better price i would appreciate it

Cheers

Jim

·
Registered
11,030 Posts
The Bailey valve expels to air so is no good for the 9-5 which needs a recirculating dump valve. Most go for the Forge valve as an aftermarket fitment. If you want the pssshhh noise associated with the Bailey valve you will have to go the open air filter route. :cool:

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ah right thats a bit of a bugger, i have always wanted one :(

oh well the induction whistle will have to do i suppose,

what is a sign of the stock Bosch BOV failing as i hear they can deteriorate over time.

i may change mine anyway just to be safe

·
Registered
22,211 Posts
An open air filter gives the same noise honest!

We "played" with a Fiat Punto Turbo tonight and his ricer Dump valve with special flute pipe tp play out the sound was quieter than mine, plus, and this is the real bonus................

If you feather the throttle as you come off the bosst you can make the car "fart" :p

Sorry but it does make me grin :cheesy:

A failing valve can emit a hooting noise if the diaphram is split and / or performance can be lost :confused:

·
Registered
289 Posts
Bailey also make a recirculating dump valve, I've put one on my Aero. Direct swap for the Bosch one. 85 quid brand new off Ebay.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts