SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking at 900aero.com and it states to upgrade the Turbo Bypass Valve to the Bailey one. I assume he means Bailey Motorsport. Does anyone have the model number for the correct valve for a C900 Turbo 16v? Also, where is the best place to buy one?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I heard the Bailey one is the best. I was looking for the models for the recirculating one. Also, where can I buy in the US?

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have a lot of parts from AWE for my S4, they sell baileys
http://www.awe-tuning.com/products/audi/s4/2-7t/awe-baileyvalve.html

I have the DV
http://www.awe-tuning.com/products/audi/s4/2-7t/awe-awedv1.html

Diaphram style diverters have quicker on-off throttle response, thats why I have the DV

APR also sell upgraded Diaphram stlye. I have installed a few of these but prefer the DV

http://www.goapr.com/products/r1.html

VW/Audi use bosch dvs, it looks like the same specs but haven't pulled my dv out yet to compare

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Which APR R1 version do I go with? I like the no maintenance of that as well as similar characteristics of the stock diagphragm valve. Trying to get the bypass valve out is a PITA and am not looking to do that on a annual basis.

·
Registered
10 Posts
If you notice, they are all the same part #. I would just give apr a ring or shoot them an email to be sure. I have worked with them professionally and am sure you will get a timely, helpful response.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Does the Bailey DV require annual maintenance like other versions of the piston style DV? I do not want to pull it out annually. I talked to the Guys at APR and they insisted that it does not require any maintenance and will last and is warrantied for a lifetime.

·
Registered
10 Posts
All piston ones will require maintenance eventually. The baileys does have a lifetime warranty but it may require proper maintence. Heres AWE's contact info http://www.awe-tuning.com/contact/ for the particulars.

For what it sounds like, if you came into my shop, I would tell you to go for the R1 or the DV1. Both are on sale because of Waterfest. I know the DV1 has only a 1 year warranty and I think the R1 has a lifetime (but am not sure). If the R1 has lifetime warranty go with that and never look back!

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
Does the Bailey DV require annual maintenance like other versions of the piston style DV? I do not want to pull it out annually. I talked to the Guys at APR and they insisted that it does not require any maintenance and will last and is warrantied for a lifetime.

No, fit and forget. If you are that worried though just buy a replacement Bosch valve.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
No specs on opening pressures or sizes. I need that info to compare to stock Bosch. Has anyone used the APR R1 in a 900 turbo? I know the Baileys has been used with success.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I ordered the 1.8 version of the R1. APR gave me a really hard time about shipping it. They stated that it was only designed for VW, AUDI, and Porsche cars and they did not think it would work on a SAAB. I told them about the 710N and they confirmed that it was a 710N rugged replacement. It is due to be in on Monday. Also, even though they have the same part numbers, they have differnt spring ratings on them. APR said that if I have a problem with the 1.8, they will send me a bigger spring for free. Once again, the members of Saabcentral have stumped another manufacturer.

·
Registered
210 Posts
I ordered the 1.8 version of the R1. APR gave me a really hard time about shipping it. They stated that it was only designed for VW, AUDI, and Porsche cars and they did not think it would work on a SAAB. I told them about the 710N and they confirmed that it was a 710N rugged replacement. It is due to be in on Monday. Also, even though they have the same part numbers, they have differnt spring ratings on them. APR said that if I have a problem with the 1.8, they will send me a bigger spring for free. Once again, the members of Saabcentral have stumped another manufacturer.
So how did the APR purchased TBV work out?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts