SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recieved it today and installed it, it looks great but no pssssh from it, are they normally quiet or does the BOV make little noise on an autobox? Waist of money? plan to get a stage 1 ecu from speedparts or BSR next, HELP!!!:(

·
Registered
300 Posts
I'm not sure if those are tunable or not. If they are, the spring inside may be to strong to relieve the pressure on your boost level.

·
Registered
919 Posts
If it is reversible and it is reversed then it will not make a psst sound, but a ching sound. (maybe not a hing, but a metallic sound-maybe a ping?)

·
Registered
180 Posts
youre on an Auto

ive never heard of anyone with an automatic and a atmospheric dv .

i cant picture it , have you tried braking from standstill with left foot and trying to pull away till the revs get up then take your foot off throttle and see what it does ?
and if its a bailey they normally supply the blanking plug , did you install it correctly ?

the bailey valve ( i used to have one ) is beautifully made and sounds great normally .

good luck

p.s. im ecu upgrading too , im going with SQR for certain ( when i can get him to call me back )

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Makes next to no noise when driving, but will make a pathetic psssh when revved at a standstill, no blanking plug came with it, so i cut the end of a broom handle off and jubilee clipped it:cheesy:

·
Registered
919 Posts
Since you have an auto, it will only make the sound when letting off the gas since you dont lose boost in shifts. Try getting down on it then letting off quickly, and that should give you some sound. The more boost you let off the more sound...

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ok so there is no pssssh! but will it make a difference to the car, or sell it and get the stage 1 ? or keep the bov if it will make a difference?

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
there should be a pssshhh wile driving, listen for it whenever youre letting off the gas. Even on an automatic it will still recirculate the boost when you close the tb and any vacuum hite the DV, in this case the BOV....so just gun it and let the gas go really quickly

1 - 11 of 11 Posts