SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good day to you gents,

I replaced all 4 engine mounts and the strut mounts. When the car is in gear sitting at a stop, I still see my driver's side mirror vibrating. I know, I know, this is the type of engine blah blah. What's supposed to be preventing this vibration from happening when the car is in gear other than the torque rod, maybe some transmission mount that I'm unaware of? What else could I look at? I didn't do the subframe bushings, is this the only possible reason?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Did you replace your torque rod with a genuine one? I originally replaced mine with a genuine one because the one that was on there was really bad. Vibrations did not improve at all. However, this week, I replaced the larger bushing with a powerflex one and almost all of my car's vibration disappeared. It still vibrates a bit, but it's nowhere near as bad as it was before changing that torque rod bushing.

·
Registered
125 Posts

did you checked also subframe bushings. especially the two rear ones?
When car is from 2002-2005 they are known to not last that long.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Balance shaft chain loose?
This is way over my head, but it sounds like a reasonable explanation. Maybe the engine moves around too much beyond what the mounts could handle. I wouldn't even attempt to fix this given the mileage.

Did you replace your torque rod with a genuine one? I originally replaced mine with a genuine one because the one that was on there was really bad. Vibrations did not improve at all. However, this week, I replaced the larger bushing with a powerflex one and almost all of my car's vibration disappeared. It still vibrates a bit, but it's nowhere near as bad as it was before changing that torque rod bushing.
Thanks for the idea, I did use the proparts product which seems similar to the original part. I'll check out the powerflex one as I keep finding positive reviews about it.

did you checked also subframe bushings. especially the two rear ones?
When car is from 2002-2005 they are known to not last that long.
I suspect these to be the case as well. I went under and sprayed every bushing I could find with silicone. Immediately almost all of the creaks and growls went away. It should probably be a yearly maintenance item for these cars - I wonder how much longer they would last if lubricated properly on the regular.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts