SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 06 Aero Sportcombi is acting up... again, haha. I know, shocking, right!? Lol. Has 3" dp and midpipe, BCB stage 3 tune. Runs fantastic after plug and coils swapped out. However it recently developed a new symptom. Under moderate and hard steady throttle acceleration, the power will be very sporadic and non linear. Not like a misfire, but more as if the throttle were being randomly opened and closed rapidly. Does not throw any codes. So I viewed the live data through my scan tool and the fuel pressure looks consistent, but the throttle control actuator values jump from like 40%to 100% to 25% while the throttle position values stay near a constant 40%. Also maybe notable is while this symptom occurs, the turbo gauge stays around mid way. Doesn't go into the red like it normally does under high boost. Does this sound like a bad throttle body? But no codes?? Or is the bypass valve intermittently not consistently holding the boost pressure or something? This has me scratching my head with no codes to direct me.

·
Super Moderator
20,205 Posts
Can you see ignition timing with your tool?

·
Super Moderator
20,205 Posts
Timing should advance smoothly under WOT as RPMs rise.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts