SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I bought a vacuum bleeder and I can't seem to get any flow,how long doe's take for the fluid to start flowing? do I need to prim it? and what are the simtums of a bad clutch master cylinder,slave cylinder? thanks domi

·
Registered
12,355 Posts
If you have fluid in the brake resevoir and the bleeder screw is open, you should be able to pull some fluid through with the vacuum pump. You might also need to press the brake pedal down with a piece of wood between the seat and brake pedal to get the fluid started.

You can definately tell if something's wrong with the brakes if you drive east on Ala Monoa Blvd and try to stop and end up in the yacht harbor.

Let us know how you do... Ron

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm bleeding the clutch, not brakes!my bad.

I live on Kauai,do you know about bleeding the clutch?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
How do you tell when clutch master cylinder is out?

How do you tell when clutch master cylinder is out?

·
Registered
12,355 Posts
The slave clyinder is normally bled while the transmission is out of the car. If the transmission is in the car, there is a thread explaining how to use a long screwdriver placed through the opening on the transmission where the slave cylinder hydraulic line attaches and use the pedal to move the clutch one way and the screwdriver to move it back, so by moving it back and forth, the air can be worked out. I've never needed to do this since my car has a clutch cable. Also, remember that your clutch gets its hydraulic fluid from the brake resovoir, so make sure that you have enough brake fluid in it... Ron

1 - 6 of 6 Posts