SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My power steering is leaking real fast out of a hard line tube that is under the power steering pump. I have attached pictures of where it is leaking. I can not find where this tube connected to or if it was an overflow but it comes of the other end very easily as well, just a little pull and it comes off and is loose. I need to use my car to get to work tomorrow.

can i take off my power steering belt and not destroy the power steering pump and just use there car with no power steering?

any ides what is the cause of this hard line tube leaking.

Attachments

·
Registered
18,382 Posts
Sure you can pull the belt off for now

The 2nd pic, there should be a rubber accordion boot there! In the boot is a hole, the hole goes over that tube, it only carries air between the two accordion boots so that they don't explode / pop-off when you park.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ya I took the boot off there looking to see if my tirod was bent I slid into a curb in the snow. I didn't put that tube back in the boot though. seems like i need to do that. why would all the power steering fluid be leaking out of this tube?

The other end of the tube does not seem to go to the other boot it looks like it goes into the rack but is very loose so maybe it is just in the wrong place.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts