SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I started my 2001 Saab 9-5 V6 this morning and it turns out it has a very loud knocking/sloshing sound. I had things to do so I drove it anyway. It has not decreased my performance any, which is surprising. I have a bad O2 sensor but that shouldn't cause a knock as far as I know. :x Any Ideas?

·
Registered
5,000 Posts
OP didn't provide enough info to make any reasonable guess as to what the problem might be. Could be any rotating part of the car from the original description.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Does it increase with rpms getting louder and knock more? Does it sound like a deep knock, or something rattling/clinking? maybe an audio clip would help. Did it occur all of a sudden or before under some sort of load? I would change the oil anyways and take a look at it for any debris, metal shards, shavings....

·
Registered
22,211 Posts
Quite clearly with knocking and sloshing this car has not been secured to the dock correctly :nono;

This one is incorrect too!

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
As it turns out my tensioner was shot which is a recall on this motor but in cadillacs and not Saabs. Same motor different recalls. Interesting.

·
Registered
22,211 Posts
As it turns out my tensioner was shot which is a recall on this motor but in cadillacs and not Saabs. Same motor different recalls. Interesting.

Glad its fixed :cool:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts