SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,774 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had some surgery last week on my wrist and I stoped driving the saab since then. I went out a couple of days ago to just start it up and the battey was dead. I put it on charge and forgot about it for a day and a half on charge. Will I went out today to start it and it spun over but would not start. There is no relay sounds or fuel pump sounds. did I fry my ECU? There have been other times that I have put it on charge and found the sound of relays buzzing continuesly until I would start the car then all would be fine. The buzzing would sound like it was comming from the ECU and one other spot under the hood. This is why im thinking it is the ECU. Any thoughts? It's an 1989 SPG

Thanks
Dennis

·
Registered
7,035 Posts
when you turn the key to "on" can you hear the fuel pump priming?

·
Registered
7,035 Posts
that is not good

You can try supplying power directly to the fuel pump, if it starts the ECU and/or Fuel Pump relay is fried.

·
Registered
2,774 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have already by passed the fuel pump relay from the ecu about a year ago because the ecu stopped sending the fuel pump a signel, so i have the fuel pump on the interior light relay. I just got another ecu so I could have it hooked up right but have not put it in yet.

·
Registered
2,774 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, the ECU was the problem, I changed it with one that I just go and all is fine. Moral of this story is to disconect the battery before charging.:roll: My pain your gain.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts