SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so here's my situation. Started out as an intermittent problem but now happens everytime I drive the car. 06 Sportcombi Aero. SID messages for TCS, ABS, and Stability control malfunction. Would this possibly be a faulty CIM? The reason I'm thinking this is the steering lock doesn't lock when the key is out. And when this was an intermittent problem, when the malfunction messages were not present, the steering lock worked, but when the messages all popped up, the steering lock wouldn't lock. But never any steering lock malfunction message. I had it scanned with tech 2 after replacing the valve body(unrelated) and it showed a code for left rear speed sensor. I thought ok, that's likely the problem. Nope. Replaced the hub and no improvement. So now I'm leaning back towards a bad CIM. Any one agree with this?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Ok, so here's my situation. Started out as an intermittent problem but now happens everytime I drive the car. 06 Sportcombi Aero. SID messages for TCS, ABS, and Stability control malfunction. Would this possibly be a faulty CIM? The reason I'm thinking this is the steering lock doesn't lock when the key is out. And when this was an intermittent problem, when the malfunction messages were not present, the steering lock worked, but when the messages all popped up, the steering lock wouldn't lock. But never any steering lock malfunction message. I had it scanned with tech 2 after replacing the valve body(unrelated) and it showed a code for left rear speed sensor. I thought ok, that's likely the problem. Nope. Replaced the hub and no improvement. So now I'm leaning back towards a bad CIM. Any one agree with this?
Since changing the hub have you checked the codes again?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
19,616 Posts
What codes come up on scan now?

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don't have a tech 2, I had to meet a guy to have him scan it. But the symptoms remain the same... TCS, ABS and Stability Control Malfunction messages on SID and column won't lock with key removed. And battery is good.... only a couple months old.

·
Registered
7,432 Posts
Try to erase all codes, reset buses and read codes again.
What you get now? Please write codes, not what they mean.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Try to erase all codes, reset buses and read codes again.
What you get now? Please write codes, not what they mean.
What do you mean reset buses and not writing down what codes mean? I don't have a tech 2, I only have a more generic Mac Tools scanner so it won't be as thorough. But the original tech 2 scan code for the speed sensor was C0045

·
Registered
7,432 Posts
TCS/ESP DTC C0045 (xx) blocks steering lock, so it will not engage.
This is reason why I asked you exact code, not what your mechanic thinks what it means.

Replace left rear ABS sensor and ensure that wiring is intact.

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
Erase faults and when the condition happen again post the exact codes u got.
Dont assume replacing the hub toke care of the code, maybe a bad hub (even new) or a wiring issue. And maybe unrelated ..

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Erase faults and when the condition happen again post the exact codes u got.
Dont assume replacing the hub toke care of the code, maybe a bad hub (even new) or a wiring issue. And maybe unrelated ..
This is reason why I asked you exact code, not what your mechanic thinks what it means.

Ok thanks. I'll take a look at the wiring for that sensor. Although I understand anything is possible and it could be a bad hub right out of the box, the probability is more likely there's a wiring issue at this point.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I had a similar set of codes from '07 9-3 Aero and it turned out to be the ABS module. Had it re-flashed and all good for 2+ years. Found this solution only after replacing the CIM.

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
I had a similar set of codes from '07 9-3 Aero and it turned out to be the ABS module. Had it re-flashed and all good for 2+ years. Found this solution only after replacing the CIM.
u had a pressure sensor code most probably.. not a speed sensor ..

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

Problem is solved! There was a broken wire for that wheel speed sensor. I pulled the wiring out of the conduit and found a worn through wire. Soldered it back together and voila! No more messages for TCS, ABS or SCS malfunctions. And the column locks again! Thanks for pointing me in the right direction!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts