SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI got a 2000 9 3 convertible.I dont like the way my breaks works. I got to push very down the break pedal to have a very average break fonction. I dont have the anti-lock system and i CANNOT jam my breaks in an emmergency stopping! Is it the break adjustments or i dont have enough break pressure from my system......Is is it the vacuum ..

Thank you

·
Registered
818 Posts
check the pads and rotors?

Saab's have good brakes but everything wears out eventually

John

·
Registered
21,583 Posts
The anti-lock brake system (ABS) is standard..
Has you car, in its past been vandalized ?
That would be one bad break.
Also, check your auxiliary vacuum system - I think you do have one...

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ok many thanks to you all. I will check your advices.I think my vaccum might be the problem.;ol;

·
Registered
14 Posts
ok many thanks to you all. I will check your advices.I think my vaccum might be the problem.;ol;
This happened to me the other day. It was a gradual process, I didn't notice that they were bad until I got in another car and then back in mine. Needed new front pads and rotors. Pop the wheels off and give them a look, it's way more likely that wear items need to be replaced than that you have a bad leak in your vacuum assist. This is especially true because you said you can't slam on the brakes in an emergency. Does the pedal hit the floor before the wheels lock up?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts