SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I told my friend an about the new 9-3 SC the other day and said to check it out. He told me he went to Saabusa.com and there were pics of it with badly photoshoped in wheels. Sure enough I checked it out and it is true. This is both embarassing;oops: and maddening:evil:! They also have pics of the back lights colored red. Don't know if these are photoshoped as well but I sure hope so. I know some don't like the ice tail lights but these colored ones are horrible. They make it look like a volvo(worst insult ever). I know this is a grand statement but I say if they launch this car with colored lenses it will tank in the market. Gone is its uniqueness.

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Its not gonna have colored lenses...i asked a saab representitive at the auto show cuase i didt think not having red or amber was illegal, but she never gave any indication that they are changing it, so i think its gonna be white/ice

·
Registered
850 Posts
The style of the lights, colored or not are from the 9-3x concept, it was the first time that Saab showed this type of lights in his cars.....

greetings

·
Registered
7,878 Posts
It looks as if the entire car is 3d rendered...

I wonder why thi wound up on the main page... Some IT guy mess up and use the wrong files?

A

·
0 Posts
:( What a horrible Photoshopping! You'd think they would at least have used a photo of rims with the lighting coming from the right direction... If you look carefully the side-back light (from the back of the car) lights up the fender flares Back-toFront but the wheels are lit Front-to-Back.

It is well-known that manufacturers retouch their stock images, but this is just horrible, especially on the manufacturer's official site! :confused:

·
Registered
9,466 Posts
cpenning623 said:
i didt think not having red or amber was illegal
As long as the car has red reflectors on the back, the lenses can be any color they want. The reason most companies don't use clear lenses in the back is because the coloring needed to make the bulbs red is expensive. LEDs make it really cheap, though.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
WhiteSummer said:
my guess is this is the bad photoshop'd image from saab...

That would be only one of them. On further review it looks like almost all of the SC pics have been altered. SHAME SHAME:nono; And this from Saabusa. Real professional guys!
On a related topic this same friend of mine went to the dealer to check out the 9-2x and told me he saw a nice red 9-2 with what he thought was a black aftermarket scoop until he walked a little further and saw a black 9-2 with a red scoop. Very obvious what they had done and to top it all off they were charging like $250 for the different scoop! Its hard when I talk about how awesome Saabs are to non Saab people then they have to see this kind of unprofessionalism.

·
Registered
7,878 Posts
BurnsSide42 said:
Looking at it again - it's kinda like a Saab Magnum.... however I like those cars too, so this doesn't change anything :roll::lol:
haha But it does look to have better rear visibility than the Magnum (the Magnum is terrible in this respect) It also doesnt hvae that terrible nose that looks like its pulled off of a dodge truck on it. (ugly ugly grill)

And thirdly, it should handle A LOT better then that boat of a car the Magnum is... :p

·
Registered
728 Posts
Mattlach said:
haha But it does look to have better rear visibility than the Magnum (the Magnum is terrible in this respect) It also doesnt hvae that terrible nose that looks like its pulled off of a dodge truck on it. (ugly ugly grill)

And thirdly, it should handle A LOT better then that boat of a car the Magnum is... :p
don't be hattin :cheesy: That Dodge is a VERY nice crapler product. I'm waiting for the Hemi AWD version on the Magnum - it's already a package on the 300C (Hemi). It's been how long since an american car had an AWD Station Wagon??? lol Personally - I think that's awesome, and having driven a 300C the first week in it hit showroom floors (and putting 1400 miles on it in 3 days) I respect the car - it has potential, and can light up the rears really fast and well. Just it seems like the days of the mini-vans are slim, and station wagons are back! I realy think I'd buy a Saab Combi if i had the green without seeing it in person, but given I work for Saab now, I'll be one of the first to see it on showrooms. I can't wait to test drive it!! I can't wait to put a downpayment on one either

1 - 20 of 21 Posts