SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a new to me 1995 9000cs, only one of the back up lights is working.The driver side is out. Standing back I can see were the the lens/bulb is, for the life of me I can't see how I get to the bulb to replace it!! Help.Thanks in advance.sky.

·
Registered
3,938 Posts
Some 9000 only have one reversing lamp, the other one is a red fog light.

I assume to get at the socket you need to remove the inside trim on the hatch. This is not as hard as it looks. Before you do this though you should check your dash for an extra foglight button and switch it on, the headlights need to be on also. One red light will illuminate where you think the other reversing lamp should be.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
back up light.

Hey, superaero. Thankyou. I did what you said, and sure enough a red fog light came on. I never would have tried that. Mystery solved.Thanks again. sky.

·
Registered
3,938 Posts
It will get a little tiresome explaining this to helpful people who come up to you and tell you "one of your back up lights is burned out".

Now you know to say: "Thanks for that but my car only has one back up light, the other side is a fog light".

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
back up light.

How true is that. I finally got tired of people (being nice) and telling me about my back up light, I had to find out for sure. (for peace of mind) The questions will probably never go away tho. Anyway at least I know the real story. Thanks again. sky.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.