SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So today I was stopped, waiting to paralel park. Looked behind me, looked infront of me, then neglected to look behind me again and I reversed into a car. The car was a 95 potiac something, just some scraped on the front bumper but the hood looks like it has a little dent in it. My car held up fine, just scuffed the rear bumper and i wouldnt be surprised if maybe some mounts were a tad damaged. I admitted to it being my own dumb fault and she was nice about it, the police didn't give me a ticket either, just gave exchanged insurance info. So i guess she is going to get a quote and then take it to my insurance company (both companies are local). I am just wondering how i should go about this? Should I try and pay for it out of pocket to avoid inflated insurance rates or should I just let insurance do what they do and suck up a higher premium? How much would I be looking at a premium going up if only minor damage was done? I am 18, I have been driving for two years. I don't have any moving violations, no points off my license, and no accidents on my record. Just looking for some advice. :confused:

·
Registered
21,583 Posts
Insurance costs are high due to the unequal "bumper" heights and most vehicles not having any bumpers in the first place !!

Maybe cars do look better without these bumpers which, in a sense ,can be ugly; but one would think that consumers would use more common sense and demand some sort of protection...

In the future, look for bumpers to make a comeback..
The Saab 99 used a decorative strip back in '69 and finally introduced a real bumper in '72 or '73..

·
Registered
304 Posts
earthworm said:
Insurance costs are high due to the unequal "bumper" heights and most vehicles not having any bumpers in the first place !!
It is those bloody SUVs that make bumpers unequal.:( I wish that they would start requiring in this country that all trucks and cars had their bumpers on the same level.

Ta-ta, janusz

1 - 3 of 3 Posts