SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First and foremost...

..Thanks guys for your help/suggestions in the past with regards to convertible top issues on my g/f's '04 9-3.

My next issue is with regards to the service indicator. If I change the oil myself, is there a method to reset the service indicator without taking it to the dealership? They are charging $95 for an oil change/system reset, and I just find that to be a tad bit ridiculous.

Any suggestions (...and oil recommendations)?

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
im pretty sure it tells you how to reset it in the owners manual. I think you just hold the clear button, but i could be wrong

·
Registered
497 Posts
Just scroll through your sid till you get to the service info and select reset service ind.

·
Registered
731 Posts
JonV said:
You can reset it when it reads 10 percent or less on the service message.
I agree with this, I don't think you can reset the oil indicator until the option appears, which I believe doesnt appear until 10% or so.

Btw, I used to go into the dealer and change my oil every 7,000 miles and they never reset my oil life indicator...

These days, I just take my car to the local Chevy dealer and bring my oil. The guys there change if for me for about 11 dollars, sure beats $100+ at my dealer.

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
If you want to reset the oil indicator before it reaches 10% life, you might be able to advance the date forward so it tells you that it's due for service (days to service 0), then reset it, and then set the date back.

I haven't tried this.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts