SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have replaced this fuse twice and even taken it in to dealer the 1st time I noticed the back washer not working. Originally, bought it and a bout a month later I went to wash the back window. The wiper just moved back and fourth. I tried it maybe a few times before that and had no problem. This time it didn't work. So, I took it to dealer and the dealer worked on it and replaced the windshield pump at the cost of the car lot where I bought it...thank god cause I wasn't going to pay for that work. Well, some time went buy maybe 8 months and one day I went to use it ofcourse it didn't work again. This time I took it in to dealer and they looked at it. Some time later they said it was ready and at no charge the service rep. said the saab mechanic looked it over. Found a blown #7 fuse and replaced it. He told me they tried it out like 10 times and it didn't stop working. If, I had a problem its the fuse panel under the hood #7 window washer 20 amp fuse. Well, now I've replaced this 20 amp fuse twice since and thinking about trying to put a 25 or even a 30 amp mini fuse to fix it.

Has anyone else owning a 9-7X, Envoy, Trail Blazer, ect. ever had this issue?? One other thing I did replace the radio with my own double din and had used the compatiable chime/onstar modulator. But, just maybe thats what is over loading that fuse or could that new pump the dealer installed be hooked up wrong. Any ideas will help before I just try to increase the amps to this block.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
(update)

Recently, replaced the fuse I believe it was last Thurs. Well, tonight on the way home I just wanted to see if it was going to work...of course not it had blown already. So, I think it is either getting worse or by chance me getting into the dash panel Sun. did something. I really just think its getting worse and the next fuse will have to be a higher rated fuse. I have to give it a try besides what's the worse that would happen it'll blow it eventually as well. On the other hand it may just never blow and will be secretly fixed for ever.

·
Registered
18 Posts
First...disconnect the rear washer fluid line at the pump and blow compressed air thru it to clear any obstructions. It's very common for these lines to become plugged with sporadic use. Next...disconnect the electrical plug and run 12v to the pump to make sure it is performing accordingly. These steps should get you there....

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
First...disconnect the rear washer fluid line at the pump and blow compressed air thru it to clear any obstructions. It's very common for these lines to become plugged with sporadic use. Next...disconnect the electrical plug and run 12v to the pump to make sure it is performing accordingly. These steps should get you there....
I already know it works and even the Devoe dealership said so. Although, no one I know nor have had looked at it can find out the reason the fuse is now blowing. I purchased new fuses today and can't wait to install a 25amp fuse to see if its just going to fry it as well. It's just going to be a trial and error till I get to 10amp over factory setting. Once, that happens I will have to take it to someone specializing in electrical switches to trouble shoot this back wiper that seldom gets used. When I do go to use it...it never works so what good is it having it unless it is raining then I won't need that damn pump anyway to clean the back windshield.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
(Back Windshield Washer Pump Fuse Update) It's been almost a week since I installed a 25amp fuse instead of factory 20amp. It has not blown and usually if I don't use it for a few days it won't work. When I check the fuse it would be blown. Well this morning I went to use it since its been 5 days and the washer pump worked like it should. I feel this issue is solved.

(Update)
Solved...A 25amp fuse should be factory I tell you. I had so many power failures to my back windshield washer pump I was about to let a place that specializes in vehicle electronics look at it. Its been a while now and still no blown fuse. If, anyone else is having a problem with that rear washer pump just try replacing the fuse with a 25 amp rated fuse. Avoid the dealer for service since yes I recieved a new washer pump but the actual problem was never solved. Now, its solved for something less than $1 they charged my dealership $309

1 - 5 of 5 Posts