SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Have anyone have install a backup camera for 07+ SportCombi? I ordered license plate mount from Amazon, but the signal and power cable is not long enough to go around the hatch and back to the tail light assembly. My radio is Kenwood DDX8905S, it has reverse cable with 3 meter. Is there any signal I can tap in the front? How do you route the cable from back hatch to radio area.

Thanks,

Iman

·
Registered
8,791 Posts
I have done few of them.
I installed camera to list. It is easy to remove and you have plenty space under it.
I used wifi transmitter/receiver and camera power is connected to rear wiper power.
You need connect reverse signal to HU for "waking up" camera.
You can also turn camera feed on when needed from your HU.
You find reverse signal from rear view mirror pin 3.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have done few of them.
I installed camera to list. It is easy to remove and you have plenty space under it.
I used wifi transmitter/receiver and camera power is connected to rear wiper power.
So there are a reverse signal from rear view mirror? Do you know what color is that wire? I have a base model, I bought a 03-06 dimming rear view mirror to install to my car. Saab changed it from female to male connector. I think I cut the connector to retro fit it.

Why there a reverse signal for rear view mirror there? Was there to some mirror to use the reverse signal? I thought it only has garage opener, compass, and dimming function.

In this case, the camera will always on, the HU receive the reverse signal then turn the screen to camera input, right?

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have done few of them.
Thanks. I found some comments on YouTube. The wire color is green. It is for reverse un-dim.

Did you put a front camera also?

·
Registered
8,791 Posts
Yes. I attached them to rain sensor plastic cover (non rain sensor have also cover) and wire goes among other wires in driver side A-pillar to HU.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts