SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Not been around for a while on here. I sold my Saab about 1 year ago. Just purchased a new one now so it was interesting to compare the 2.

Original car: Saab 9-3 1998 SE Coupe. Carbon Airbox, 3" full JT exhaust, Forge IC. MBC+A, steering clamp and brace.

New car: Saab 9-3 2001 Aero Convertible. 3" Abbott back box, stage 1 Abbott tune. Abbott steering clamp and brace.

Firstly, the new one is quicker, no doubt, not a lot quicker but higher up the rev range due to larger turbo certainly, but I do miss the older car's insane turbo lag and then all the power coming in at once!:D Ok not the best of experiences for most I'm sure, but I loved it. The newer car is much more progressive on that front. But as much fun? Not sure..

I wonder if I will resist tuning this one? ;)

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
That's the difference with T7 - managed power delivery. If you want some excitment back take a trip to the Trionic tuning forums and learn how to take control of your ECU;)

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
That's the difference with T7 - managed power delivery. If you want some excitment back take a trip to the Trionic tuning forums and learn how to take control of your ECU;)
Oh yea! T7 Suite, a CAN or BDM interface and you could have a blast, particulary since you've already got a better exhaust on the car along with the larger TD04 turbo.

Have some fun with it!

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
Things have changed! T7 tuning you say...my wife is not going to be pleased...
Your wife will never know - Mackan's Stage 1 B205R tuning package (Stage 3 power that does not require a 3" DP) will simply give you improved 'drivability';)
You may need to budget for a new clutch though..........

1 - 5 of 5 Posts