SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looks pretty good, sorry no pics yet, but I am still working through some weird stuff. I had to redo the HIDs, had flickering etc. so I think I got that worked out. But I discovered a couple things I'm not sure about, one a wire, the other a sound. Everything is operational and there are no codes, and no fault codes found through OBD/Torque.

A random unplugged wire: under the hood, next to the battery. Maybe it was always there? Long enough to reach a few places but I don't see anything.

3 Clicks: Here's a video of inserting the key, turning to On, allowing the checks to complete, removing the key... then at about 00:15 there are three clicks - hard to distinguish, sorry - the sound comes from the steering column. http://youtu.be/iZjG4dn7A9s

I suspect it's the steering wheel lock / SLM module which was "replaced" (quotes because if it's the problem, it wasn't really replaced/fixed). Our steering wheels should lock without the key in the ignition, right? It's been 8 weeks and now I have no memory of that, funny what you don't pay attention to but I'm pretty sure it shouldn't turn, or lock when you try. Also replaced was the CIM, not sure if that would click for some reason.

·
Registered
SAABless booo
2,522 Posts
Auto or manual?

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
I too have that randon unplugged plug thing too. Im an auto. its normal.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Auto or manual?
I too have that randon unplugged plug thing too. Im an auto. its normal.
Auto. Yeah, once I started posting the pics, I thought it was sounding familiar - you or someone posting about "What is this?" like me. Just weird I didn't dig it out before, wasn't the first time I've been going through those wires. Thanks for the reassurance. Still wondering about that clicking.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Still clicking. Just a bump to see if anyone reading the boards this weekend knows what this might be. Everything's cool, but I guess I'll take it to someone in the next couple weeks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts