SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gday All.
Our normal chariot is a 9-5 aero estate but on our holiday we are using a NG900 convertible. Was wondering how we can install a baby capsule (rear facing type) in the back seat area? Are there restraint hooks behind the seats?
Help is appreciated.

Bet there are some happy chaps after the rugby!!

·
Registered
11 Posts
I'm not the OP, but I think the question is whether a rear-facing child seat will fit in the rear sit of the vert. They tend to take up a lot of room.

I'd answer the question if I could.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
He asked if there is a tether or anchor in the rear of a vert that you attach the baby seat to, or if anyone knows where one attaches the anchor to in the rear of a vert

·
Registered
11 Posts
You can still secure a baby seat with a seat belt, but there is a thing called a LATCH which is a set of anchors between the seat and back cushions that's supposed to be better. I think it's available on cars sold after 2000.

·
Premium Member
12,576 Posts
ng900 convertible does not have the anchor points for rocket seats, you have to make do with the 3 point harness.

·
Registered
10,348 Posts
In Canada the restraints were required. In the US a tether kit was available as a free option. I thought it was the same for both models (vert, hard top).

·
Premium Member
11,181 Posts
Yes, no tethers on US version. I was able to secure all manner of baby seats in mine (using the standard seatbelts)..

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for your help.

Down here we need a central tether point at the rear of the seat either on the parcel shelf or on the floor (in the estate). The seat belt holds the base down and then the over head loop goes from the front of the baby seat (rear facing) back to the tether point.
Overkill probably but what the boss wants...she gets.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Now thats what I need. Any way I am on the plane from the east coast of Aust to the west so I will find out in about 24 hours time.

Thanks for your help.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts