SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 06 Aero V6 that has had increasingly worse misfire problems (cylinders 1 & 5) that my local mechanic says he's traced back to the ECU.
I had all the plugs replaced with new NGK Iridiums and the back 3 coils with new Bosch coils since they are so hard to get to. It did not fix the misfires so had mechanic (he suspected injectors) look at them.
He said his tests show cyl 1 & 5 FI not working correctly so had him look again and he said all injectors look good and show negative voltage when they should. He checked the wire resistance and wiring seams fine.
I called Swedish motors, outside Harrisburg, who said that its probably not an ECU based on the issues. They said to find a local technician with Tech 2 who knows what hes doing and have it analyzed with the correct tool.

I searched in Pittsburgh and can not find a knowledgeable Saab mechanic in or near PGH (all have closed shop, retired etc.)

Any suggestions for mechanic or shop in Pittsburgh or any other help would be appreciated?

Thanks,
Randy

·
Registered
13 Posts
I can only speak to my issue with misfires, but my issues were only resolved when I replaced ALL the coil packs. No idea how unrelated cylinders impacted others (or even if that was the cause) but replacing all of them fixed my issues. I dont know if the ECU could be the culprit but depending on your mileage, i suppose it could be as my ECU started throwing random codes and cutting power.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts