SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I am in need of at least 3, but preferably 4, new or good condition used pistons for my 2001 Saab 9-5, 2.3L. I believe the part number for a Mahle is 30584325, but if you have an alternative that would fit (Wossner equivalent, etc.), I'd be interested. I'd be willing to pay good money for a set in good shape.

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
I may have 3 pistons floating around the garage. I may have chucked them, but I can rummage if you are interested. They looked in fine shape, minus the 4th, which didn't fare so well.... ;)

PM me and I'll let you know if I still have them around; Going to the garage tomorrow, so I'll poke about. Any reasonable offer would do,if I still have them on hand... sounds like you are in a blown up piston situation!

Cheers,
Benjamin

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I may have 3 pistons floating around the garage. I may have chucked them, but I can rummage if you are interested. They looked in fine shape, minus the 4th, which didn't fare so well.... ;)

PM me and I'll let you know if I still have them around; Going to the garage tomorrow, so I'll poke about. Any reasonable offer would do,if I still have them on hand... sounds like you are in a blown up piston situation!

Cheers,
Benjamin
Benjamin,

Thanks for the reply. Looks like I'm going to be going a different route. Decided to have the cylinders bored and put in some oversized pistons. Thanks for the offer though!
-Dave

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Already replaced them all with Wossners last year. If anyone's interested in buying the one good condition class B is still have, let me know. The one is still in spec tolerances. The other three aren't worth putting in an engine.

·
Registered
588 Posts
The size I need is AB. It is hard to read but its on top of each piston. I circled mine in the picture.
Tough to see... lere is a slightly different angle.
See it? it's in the same spot as the circled one.
Still looking for one AB piston....EDIT: I just measured the top of my piston and it is 89mm. (I should have measured the bottom too....)
Does anyone know ware a piston should be measured from????

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.