SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to sell my B 235 E engine.

Haven't decided yet, but...

I have currently a COMPLETE 9-5 (2.3l B235L) Engine sitting in my garage.

Was going to do a rebuild on her, but may not go that route now.

It has a complete wiring harness with all sensors, complete valvetrain and cover, black t7 DIC attached, and water pump attached. I also have this engine's ECU.

Selling all for 700$ about 90% firm, unless you can give me an outstanding reason. You find a freight company in Tampa, and I'll freight it to you. Whichever way you look at, you can make or save serious money with this one.

Pics available on request.

She also has a complete throttle body assembly, missing nothing.

Only missing the power steering pump, ac compressor, alternator, and starter.

The engine was attached to a automatic transmission, which is why I'm not sure what I want to do. Not really sure if it will bolt up to a 9-3 manual transmission housing.

The VIN # on the car and engine is YS3EF48E9X3093193

The engine has excellent compression, although I have done no tear down on it yet.

No exhaust manifold either.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you.

Well if she doesn't sell right away, i've got tons of space in the garage, and i'll keep it covered. A little degreaser, and this thing is in great shape.

Nick

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Still for sale. I guess we fell through. Still up for grabs.

Actually will ship with an original Black DIC. Throwing P0304 Codes though, and gets crap gas mileage. But may help you to run engine and tune it out before putting a good DIC on it after you work out the bugs.

Hopefully not talking to myself.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Might be interested

Hi, I have a 2002 9-5 with the 2.3T engine in it. It has the piston #4 knock going. Will your engine work on a 9-5? I believe it would bout I'm not sure...

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I believe it would. You would need to look at VIN # to be sure. Like if you were to go to Goldwing Saab, and enter your car's year, make and model, it will give you options for parts.

Then look up the engine you want (obv 2.3l) and check the VIN digits. There are like 4 different engine options, but one will be specific to your car.

then check this listing to see if my engine's VIN code would match up with yours. That's what I would do. Just to be sure that small variances from year to year in engine manufacturing would be the correct engine application.

Things as small as your car being manufactured in 1999 vs 2002 may place engine mounts slightly higher or lower, and result in fab work. Transmissions should be the same.

Mine is automatic

1 - 13 of 13 Posts