SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i just got my td04 in the mail...
and it now i need a wastegate for it
any help on where i can find one off a td04 or one that will work?

oh and can i modify my lines to fit on this turbo

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
Yes, to some degree, but I also believe you need to buy a line or two, and rest you need to retro fit with a new banjo bolt and washer.
-Cm

·
Registered
315 Posts
I can't really help with the wastegate, but just a tip for the banjo bolts-just pay the fortune Saab asks for them because it will be worth it to get steel ones. I got some made by Earl's and they were aluminum and just snapped when I tightened down the coolant lines 'doh!'

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
You can have the big *** one that came off my Holset :D not sure if it'd fit, though, I think it was pretty long.

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
Another issue with the one I have is I think the spring is supposed to be super stiff and so not sure if you want that.. I'll try to look up the dimensions of it though; I believe someone else with an HX35 is using or has used a T25 internal wastegate temporarily so I wonder if it would work both ways. I'll get back to you if anything.

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
The HX35 wastegate is approximately 10" long. Seems like it'd be too long but it is adjustable. Probably not worth whatever trouble it'd bring.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts