SaabCentral Forums banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Awesome! Fixed!

So I had a suspicion that the REC was the key activity that you'd done so I did a remove then an add on the REC ONLY and voila my auto wipers started working again. I had done some serious messing around with this trying to fix it as had swedespeed7 so much thanks for this tip. No idea why it works, but it did.

This is what I love about this forum in action.

Cheers!
Gareth

·
Super Moderator
9,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Ha glad to hear it! Never thought someone else would have the same issue all these years later. Had you changed settings recently? Or did it just start misbehaving out of the blue?

·
Registered
92 Posts
I'm not quite sure. I think it was working when I got it but I almost immediately got a Nordic tune on the car and afterwards I noticed it not working, when I removed the tune a few months later (the car was too twitchy driving through town and I didn't like that - which is what I do most of) it was still broken so I put it down to there not being much rain / me not noticing prior and it being broken from the day I got it but maybe there was something that tune did. That would make more sense.

·
Super Moderator
9,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
The ECU flash shouldn't have affected other modules like the REC. I've heard of a few people having to replace the REC, I wonder if yours is starting to go bad (I hope not!).

·
Super Moderator
9,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
No it's been fine ever since I fixed it the first time.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts