SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My daughters 1993 9000CS 2.3 non-turbo has very noisy CV joints. (I thought it was a bad bearing, but the noise persists after bearing replacement...)

New axles are $92, rebuilt are $58 at eeuroparts. Does anyone have any experience or reason not to use rebuilt? Or false economy just spent the $200? (Yeah, I'll also order a front wheel bearing for the other side also...)

Thanks in advance for any thoughts / advice.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I've had to rebuild driveshafts/cv joints in the past. They are beautifully designed and made (as you'd expect of SAAB) but not too complicated. I wouldn't be hesitant to buy rebuilt shafts from an established name.;ol;

Thorfie

·
Registered
80 Posts
New axles are $92, rebuilt are $58 at eeuroparts. Does anyone have any experience or reason not to use rebuilt?
I wouldn't hesitate to get rebuilt ones. Some import parts stores will only stock reputable suppliers so they don't have to worry about customers complaining about premature failure of newly rebuilt items.

Also, I wouldn't waste my time rebuilding axles, but that's just me.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Driveshaft Rebuilds are recommended when:

1) You're replacing an inner CV joint boot and the tripod bearing has fallen to bits, roller needles are scattered all over your workshop floor, and you're drowning in a world of nasty black grease; or:

2) Er, that's it.

Don't ask me how I know....;oops:

·
Registered
467 Posts
I have a passenger side CV joint and axle brand new that I didn't return if you want it. Bought it for a '97 cse turbo though.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts