SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in the position of having to replace a CV joint on a 94 900s and am wondering if anyone has had any experience with the EMPI Axle Assembly. Are they a decent piece of equipment or should I just replace the CV joint alone with the existing drive arm?

·
Registered
436 Posts
CV Axle

A '94 900s convertible is a C900. You are in the right forum. However, I have no experience with drive axles, but will soon.

·
Registered
7,088 Posts
in UK a 94 is a GM, but you had some of the last ones hence the Q, although there is the odd one they are like hen's teeth

·
Registered
13,167 Posts
A new C/V joint and boot on the old axle is likely to last longer than the rebuilt one on the axle assembly, but if there's anything questionable about the inner joint or boot, replace the assembly.

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
I was told EMPI was not highly regarded in the VW community. I was going to get a new EMPI one to replace the one in my car, so I ended up getting a new outer cv joint assembly and putting in my old axle. I also yanked another driveshaft in the yard and plan on rebuilding it since it looks factory. I might even get the other side just in case.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts