SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the AS3-13 with business pack fitted (boot mounted sim card reader). When I press the AVR button on the steering wheel I can make and receive calls using the advanced voice recognition. However, if I try the AVR to control the radio, CD or Navigation nothing happens.

Do any of you guys know if I can control the audio using the AVR I have through the business pack (must admit the sales blurb did not even mention I could use AVR, I just happened to press the button by accident and I was being shouted at by a woman - whats new). Or can I upgrade to full AVR cheaply !

·
Registered
27 Posts
Avr

Sounds like you are just using the voice features of the Integrated Phone. I had to ask the dealer to activate the full AVR and it works fine for controlling the radio/CD changer/navi/Phone. It was activated using a CD or DVD in the DVD player for the Navigation system.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Was this a no cost option to activate it.

My dealer said the AVR is available on the ES4 packages. I am getting the ES3-13 and was wondering the same.

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
Let you guys in on a little secret.

ES3 and ES4 are practically identical! They SHOULD be able to upgrade it via tech II at the dealership. I'm pretty sure this has been done by someone else on the forum.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I too belive they are identical execpt for the activation of the AVR, but they needed code from a CD/DVD in addition to the TECH-II to activate it. I was not charged (I have a friendly dealer).

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the info guys, I will try and sweettalk my dealer, however, as I am currently sueing the dealership for nearly killing me during a test drive, I think this may be an uphill struggle.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts