SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know how I can install the Pioneer AVIC-N2 through the AUX-In?
I went to the work shop today, and the guy told me that he doesn't know how to connect it to the AUX-IN. He said that he needs to know what kind of AUX-IN it is, and what cables he needs.........I'm so lost with this, please help me if you know anything about this.....Thank you very much!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
178 Posts
DT_saab said:
Does anyone know how I can install the Pioneer AVIC-N2 through the AUX-In?
I went to the work shop today, and the guy told me that he doesn't know how to connect it to the AUX-IN. He said that he needs to know what kind of AUX-IN it is, and what cables he needs.........I'm so lost with this, please help me if you know anything about this.....Thank you very much!!!
You sooooo need to find yourself another stereo installer.

If he can't handle converting RCA or speaker level outputs to a minijack, he's really going to flip when he tries to mess with the Saab's system.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I thought so too......
I want to install the Pioneer AVIC-N2 through AUX-IN, and place it where the ashtray is, do you know how it could be done?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
AUX-IN input location

I know this question might sound stupid...but I just don't know...
Can anyone tell me what kinda cable do I need to connet the Pioneer AVIC-N2 through AUX-IN, and where is the AUX-IN input located in the car for 03' vector?
Thank you.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
975 Posts
lift up the arm rest in the center console and the aux input will be in there, you might need the aux. input kit for it though if you dont already have one. From there you push CD once more in order to select the aux input. It's just a headphone jack.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,530 Posts
DT_saab said:
I know this question might sound stupid...but I just don't know...
Can anyone tell me what kinda cable do I need to connet the Pioneer AVIC-N2 through AUX-IN, and where is the AUX-IN input located in the car for 03' vector?
Thank you.
The cable is a simple mini stereo plug (headphone jack type)

If you (or the previous owner, if you bought used) didn't install the AUX input, it's not there. Only started coming from the factory in the 05 model year.

If you need to install it, there are detailed instructions in the FAQ thread
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Jet 9-3 said:
The cable is a simple mini stereo plug (headphone jack type)

If you (or the previous owner, if you bought used) didn't install the AUX input, it's not there. Only started coming from the factory in the 05 model year.

If you need to install it, there are detailed instructions in the FAQ thread
is that for the AVIC-N2 as well or just for Ipod?
Thanks.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,530 Posts
DT_saab said:
is that for the AVIC-N2 as well or just for Ipod?
Thanks.
There's only one way to get an AUX input into the Saab - a mini stereo plug. I don't know about the AVIC-N2, but I assume that it has an RCA output, which can then be converted to mini plug w/ an adapter from Radio Shack
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,945 Posts
One thing at a time. If you're seriously thinking of putting in that deck, you need to get Aux-in finished first.
Buy a cable from Saab or Etadyne & install it using the instructions found in the FAQ or on Etadyne's site.
You don't HAVE to mount it in the armrest, but that is where it is supposed to go. You can make it go wherever you want. Do that, then that's one less thig your installer has to worry about.

Here's a reference thread that talks about this too: http://www.saabcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=49054
 
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Top