SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know if locksets including ignition lock cylinder coded to originals (with supplied key code) are still available? Trying the part number (92 31 002) in the Saabits website search box yields no results.

Same with the actual ignition lock cylinder part number (93 29 483). I'd have thought that this would be a part Orio has a good supply system for as locking is a rather critical part for any vehicle.

I've got a few spare ignition lock cylinders with keys here (including a new one) but obviously not matched to the existing keying for my car. I've replaced one before (on my 81 turbo sedan) so that car has original keying for doors/boot and a different key for ignition, but that's not ideal for a daily driver vehicle.

So what's the best option to go with based on everyone else's experiences with needing to change/replace locking devices?

Craig.

·
Registered
12,788 Posts
I could take your pile of locks and, using the wafers (#0-4) from them, make you a set of locks to fit any key you gave me (preferably fresh-cut). It would take me about 40-60 minutes.
I'm sure your local locksmith can do it too.

·
Registered
3,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is it true that the ingition lock cylinders are re-codable but something about them is not repairable once they are opened for re-coding?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts