hop on the conveience bandwagon.

·
Registered
08 9-5 Aero
2,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok I found the one I did.
http://jurgar.wordpress.com/2008/07/10/saab-9-5-audio-en/

Also this is a post and drawing I did explaining everything.
Oh and it works great. If you loose bass/treble or left/right sound you did it wrong.
Read your write up.......good pics.
What cable types are u using and can u
specify what exactly this switch is?
And there are no performance issues
with the unit as a whole correct?
Thanks

·
Registered
371 Posts
I used some phone wire. You buy a switch and mount it in one of the blank switch covers. Stereo works great with iPhone hooked up or not!

·
Registered
3,951 Posts
The switch overides all other functions; If you don't use the switch you will hear the radio while playing your ipod, this is how mine looks after the install. Got the 3.5mm wires from the 99cent store (cut the ends), got the 3.5mm plug from radio shack, and used speaker wire for the switch. The switch I had laying around I suggest you use a switch with an LED so you will remember to turn it off when you leave the car.

·
Registered
727 Posts
Ok I found the one I did.
http://jurgar.wordpress.com/2008/07/10/saab-9-5-audio-en/

Also this is a post and drawing I did explaining everything.
Oh and it works great. If you loose bass/treble or left/right sound you did it wrong.
Did that one too; great write-up and works well. A word of caution: depending on where you run the wires, make sure they don't get pinched (i.e. between the radio and the cage it sits in) or you might get some interference/whine in your signal.

·
Registered
08 9-5 Aero
2,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Thanks all for your replies.....definitely seems doable. But I'm going to try this .....

Amazon.com: GOgroove FlexSMART X2 ADVANCED Wireless In-Car Bluetooth FM Transmitter with Charging, Music Control and Hands-Free Calling for ANDROID, iPhone, Blackberry and Windows Smartphones: Car Electronics

The reviews seem to be consistent on other sites as well. Read alot up on it. I'd rather leave the wonderful factory radio alone from the chopping block, and if this produces satisfactory sound or better, I'm ahead already.... Not in the money department of course, but the price isn't bad.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts