SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok , this is my first post and a question. I am sure some where in the world wide web there is an answer but.... I am askig here. I just recently purhased a 2004 9-5 arc and it has an auxiliary input cable in the center console. I have no clue how to use it. I tried cycling through all the sources, and double tapping buttons but to no avail. I think it was professionally installed as it is a cleanly routed. I am stumped, please help!

·
Registered
4,503 Posts
The cassette slot is a popular place to integrate an AUX.

·
Registered
4,503 Posts
If that doesn't work, turn the radio to either 87.9 or 88.3 and see if it plays.

·
Registered
3,951 Posts
Do you have a picture of it? If it's a 3.5mm plug stick an MP3 player in and see if it overrides the system. Do you know if the wires are connected to the radio?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
one down one to go

IT WORKED, SWEEET! 88.3 is the magic. Thank you so much, is there a difference in sound if it is through the cassette vs the radio? If it is through the radio does that mean it is dealership installed? Also is a slight intermittent vibration normal at idle, I cleaned the TB and the MAF and changed the plugs (the NGK G power ones from NAPA) and it is still there (but lessened). It's not too bad and the car runs great otherwise. Thank you for the quick responses!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.