SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to the forum and saab as well. Just bought a 2005 9-3SS Linear. Was curious if anyone else noticed on their brochures and website:

Auxiliary input for MP3 player*, two 12V outlets

*Available January 2005

When I pointed this out to the dealer I was ignored and told its only $35 and installation isnt that much. Now after having the car and pricing it they want $250 to install which is just absurd. Has any recent purchaser been savvy enough and successful to make them install it for free since its listed as a standard feature on the brochure as of 1/05? Did anyone's Linear come with it already?

Was also wondering since the aux input thru saab is only $35, has anyone just purchased the part from saab and installed in on their own or had someone else install it? I know etadyne is an option too.

I also noticed the crested butte free season pass on the website, and my dealer was completely useless in getting details on that as well. I love the car so far but not very happy with the dealership at all. Took 2 days and several phones calls, voicemails just to price the aux input!

Thanks,

Mike

·
Registered
2,945 Posts
It's not standard on any Linear. It's "available", as in "available as an option for purchase after you get your car".

It s retrofittable. Many people (myself included) have installed it on their own buying it from various places. Your dealer will have to enable aux-in though. But you should be able to do that at your 30-day checkup, if dealers are still doing that. :D

Oh, and welcome to Saabcentral!

·
Registered
130 Posts
To get your free Crested Butte Ski passes, you have to call their phone number (1-800-585-7701) and give the operator your email address which sends you a form you have to fax in along with vehicle purchase information.

And for the the Aux imput, I saw the same thing on a pamphlet handed out at the Detroit Auto Show. I think it might have been referring to cars with a build date of Jan 2005 or later. I just got my 05 9-3 Linear on February 28 and it has a build date of 10/04 and doesnt have it. I think I'll inquire about it when I take the car in next time.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I called saab corporate and she looked at the site and agreed it said it was standard and said so what do you want us to do about it? A manager is supposed to call me tomorrow. I'll let you know if I get anywhere.

I was told mine was definately built after 1/05 so the dealer had even said well maybe it will have it when it comes in. I bought mine during the craziness of the employee discount at its peak and it took 3 days to even find one available and another week to actually get the car. The first dealer I went to, gave me back my deposit since they couldnt find one for me.

Thanks for the crested info :)

·
Registered
609 Posts
Unfortunately, it doesn't seem very clear that they're not offering it as a standard feature for the Linear on the Saab USA website. Unless they've already started to change it!

Well if they balk at the retrofit, just buy the part and install yourself. It takes around 30-45 minutes and very little technical knowledge or mechanical ability. This site is an excellent support group.

You can find excellent install instructions here.

I know the last thing you want to be doing is rip your new car apart, but it's better than paying the dealer.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts