SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
815 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
G'day folks,

Just picked up an Autoweek review on the 9-2x. Very interesting article that pretty much mirrors what I read on the enthusiast's BB's. Good to see another positive Saab review, especially about this car given the scepticism surrounding it from more ignorant sources.

I've posted the full article at Trollhattan. Please feel free to take a peek hen return here for comment.

Excerpt: It seemed just about every street-corner car critic had something to say. After all, this wasn’t a Chevy morphing into a Pontiac. Crossbreeding Subaru and Saab felt like, well, like mixing ketchup and peanut butter. After much debate the critics then collectively raised their hands and asked, “Why would we pay more for a WRX with a Saab badge?” A good question, to be sure. The quick answer? The 9-2X looks better.

·
Registered
5,641 Posts
A positive review for a change. I like the spin he put on it. If you want a wrx, get a wrx. But if you want the performance of a wrx in something a little more mature, nicer looking, and with a few more luxury features then the 9-2X is it.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Good article - they even quoted me in there - hehehe I guess now I'm a 'published writer'! woo hoo!

·
Registered
65 Posts
sweet they quoted me under "owners say"

The WRX drivetrain is great, and there’s already an entire aftermarket set up for it. I also needed an all-wheel-drive car since I deal with a large amount of snow, and this car handles great. I find the styling great and much better than the WRX. While I do get the occasional jeer about driving a station wagon, the extra cargo room makes up for it. I just wish it came with a six-speed and the STi motor. -Phillip Schuepbach, Rochester, N.Y.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts