SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone. I just purchased an 05 9-3 Aero. The car is more than I was looking for but one question that i have not been able to find in the manual.

Does the 9-3 come with auto-locking locks after a certain MPH or after the vehicle is started? More for safety reasons, ive spent a lot of time searching and havent found anything. Again, how some vehicles lock themselves after 15mph or so, just curious as if the 9-3 offers that. Thanks!

·
Registered
287 Posts
It's a feature that can be switched on by a Tech II at your local dealership. I believe the doors automatically lock at 10 or 15 MPH. I had this feature turned on when I purchased my wagon.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
MrRun2Fast said:
It's a feature that can be switched on by a Tech II at your local dealership. I believe the doors automatically lock at 10 or 15 MPH. I had this feature turned on when I purchased my wagon.
Awesome, did they charge?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Anybody notice any quirks with the "lock @ speed"??

Mine sometimes locks at 10MPH, sometimes at 30MPH.

Sometimes it locks once, sometimes twice, sometimes ..., Sometimes 5 times!

Not sure why, but it does work.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Related to this.. I believe you can also set to auto unlock when you turn off the car?

I was going to get this up, then do the mod to make my drivers door lock knob flush.
The auto-unlock should remove the need for the knob except for total power failure.. at which point I guess I'd have to crawl out the passenger side.

Mike

1 - 5 of 5 Posts