SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

MOT due soon. Will this problem mean a fail ?

I understand there is a sensor on each axle, plus a control unit just to the right of the battery (looking from the front). Can anyone advise what needs to be done to trace the exact source of the problem ?

Thanks, Mike

·
Registered
754 Posts
Are the lights aimed nearly correctly in spite of the failure, or are they pointed all the way down? You may be able to get away with a safety inspection if they're at least aimed properly, but I know over here if they see the warning message you're likely to fail regardless. Unless you maybe know someone... 🤔

·
Super Moderator
9,917 Posts
Hi

MOT due soon. Will this problem mean a fail ?

I understand there is a sensor on each axle, plus a control unit just to the right of the battery (looking from the front). Can anyone advise what needs to be done to trace the exact source of the problem ?

Thanks, Mike
I'm not positive, but I highly doubt a cornering malfunction would cause a MOT fail - cornering headlights aren't required for your vehicle (or possibly any vehicle yet, I imagine). I don't live in UK though.

·
Registered
754 Posts
I'm not positive, but I highly doubt a cornering malfunction would cause a MOT fail - cornering headlights aren't required for your vehicle (or possibly any vehicle yet, I imagine). I don't live in UK though.
Issue is leveling, not cornering. I also don't know about UK but over here (and I'm guessing over there in the USA) they definitely check the beam shape and the aiming for compliance.

·
Registered
754 Posts
And yes, to answer more explicity what needs done to fix it, you need a Tech2 to diagnose where the fault is. You can start by checking that the level sensors are at least attached and connected on the (UK offside) front and rear control arms, though.

·
Super Moderator
9,917 Posts
Issue is leveling, not cornering. I also don't know about UK but over here (and I'm guessing over there in the USA) they definitely check the beam shape and the aiming for compliance.
Headlamps can still be manually leveled with the adjusters

Reactions: Black08AERO

·
Registered
31 Posts
Yeah I have no idea what you're talking about. Not headlight related though
Yeah I have no idea what you're talking about. Not headlight related though
The Yaw system sensor is in the left and right side of the car in the rear behind the trim panels. The Saab Tech said they are headlamp related. It picks up left and right cornering.

·
Registered
754 Posts
Yaw sensors
You're incorrect. There is a yaw sensors in both side of the Aero Convertible. It's not a question. The Saab shop ( Gorecki Saab) explained their function. It also says Yaw on the box.
In fact you are incorrect--yaw sensors having nothing to do with headlight leveling. There is one sensor per axle, offside on a UK car. They are attached to the control arms. From the WIS:

Font Parallel Rectangle Elbow Line art

·
Registered
31 Posts
Yaw sensors

In fact you are incorrect--yaw sensors having nothing to do with headlight leveling. There is one sensor per axle, offside on a UK car. They are attached to the control arms. From the WIS:

View attachment 290850
I stated they aren't on the axle. Fact. I also relayed the information from the Saab Dealer Tech. I noted them in the interior of the car when I pulled the trim to wire the stereo. The Tech may indeed be incorrect. My correction was where they are in an 08' Aero convertible.

·
Registered
31 Posts
So, you know better and you should ignore us.
I am ignoring your statement. You're wrong. Do the yaw sensors on both sides of the rear seat in the quarter trim have any connection to the headlamps? I don't know this to be fact. . I noted what the local Saab mechanic told me and you may be 100% correct as to their function. Where they are is not up for contention. There are sensors that are marked YAW on both sides of my Aero Convertible. A simple fact.

·
Registered
13,812 Posts
I highly suggest you learn facts and stop telling lies that "local Saab mechanic" told you.

It is so funny that I do not have the "YAW" sensors where you said they were.

I've also never come across those "sensors" in any Saab I've come across.
Either Saab (ORIO) do not recognize those "sensors".

Reactions: mstrjon32

·
Registered
754 Posts
Rectangle Font Parallel Diagram Slope

All cars have sensor in this location.

According to WIS, the B284 with manual gearbox has a sensor with two elements to measure longitudinal acceleration in addition to lateral acceleration. But, it still shows it as a single sensor module.
Smile Rectangle Purple Font Violet

Oddly, EPC shows two part numbers that differ on the model based on if it's XWD or not, and nothing discrete about the B284/manual combination.

But, none of the diagrams show a second sensor, nor do they show a location other under the center console.

🤷‍♂️

1 - 20 of 26 Posts