SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Banned
2,175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On many cars, if the driver opens their door from the inside, it overrides the lock. That way you do not have to push the unlock button or lift up the lock button.

Is this possible on a 9-3?

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
The only option I know of that is even close to what you are talking about is "auto unlock on key out" ... and it is coupled with "auto lock on drive off" ... start the car, drive, and at something like 12MPH the doors lock themselves ... when you stop, turn off the car, and remove the key, all the door will unlock.

In the 9-3, the driver can not open the door while it is locked. So that exact option is not offered, no.

·
Registered
49 Posts
93Linear said:
The only option I know of that is even close to what you are talking about is "auto unlock on key out" ... and it is coupled with "auto lock on drive off" ... start the car, drive, and at something like 12MPH the doors lock themselves ... when you stop, turn off the car, and remove the key, all the door will unlock.

In the 9-3, the driver can not open the door while it is locked. So that exact option is not offered, no.
I have the "auto unlock on key out" but it's not coupled with "auto lock on drive off." And, for me, only the driver door unlocks with key out. Actually, I would like to have it set up your way, but my dealer couldn't do it after playing with tech II a few hours.:roll: How I wish there were some printable instructions for all the tech II options saab owners could get. These instructions would include not only what options are available, but more importantly, how to enable them. Then, we could educate the dealers.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
I bet you have your car set up so that pushing the unlock on the key fob only unlocks the driver's door and pushing a second time unlocks the others ... don't ya? I had mine changed so that one push unlocks all doors; this could be your problem. Also, the micro-switch on the trunk now works at all times when the car in unlocked.:cheesy:

·
Registered
591 Posts
Roddemp said:
I have the "auto unlock on key out" but it's not coupled with "auto lock on drive off." And, for me, only the driver door unlocks with key out. Actually, I would like to have it set up your way, but my dealer couldn't do it after playing with tech II a few hours.:roll: How I wish there were some printable instructions for all the tech II options saab owners could get. These instructions would include not only what options are available, but more importantly, how to enable them. Then, we could educate the dealers.
The dealerships could certainly set it to 'auto lock on drive' and 'all doors unlock on key out'. Mine is set this way. Have you tried other dealerships?

·
Registered
203 Posts
Shaggy said:
just curious, but do the doors unlock themselves in the event of an accident?
I was told YES, but I could not see this issue in the operation manual. Instead of this you'll read something like "be careful if locked while driving, in case of accident" :eek:

Roddemp said:
I have the "auto unlock on key out" but it's not coupled with "auto lock on drive off." And, for me, only the driver door unlocks with key out. Actually, I would like to have it set up your way, but my dealer couldn't do it after playing with tech II a few hours. How I wish there were some printable
The first time I asked for lock/unlock adjustments with Tech2 they simply did it wrong, and they told me it that other combinations were not possible. And it IS, as they did it the 2nd time. Yours is one of the multiple combinations, safe but not confortable. :confused:

·
Registered
49 Posts
solid155 said:
The dealerships could certainly set it to 'auto lock on drive' and 'all doors unlock on key out'. Mine is set this way. Have you tried other dealerships?
My local dealership not only sells SAABS but also, VWs, Audi's, and Porsches. Guess where SAABS fall in the pecking order? They just don't really care about SAABs, so they have spent little time learning the technology of the car. I guess you can't blame them considering they don't sell many of them. I remember the first time I went to get tech II changes (30day), the parts guy hooked it up, gave it to me and told me to see if I could get the changes I wanted. I guess my only choice is to go to another dealer which is 85 miles away to see if I'll have better luck.

·
Registered
49 Posts
93Linear said:
I bet you have your car set up so that pushing the unlock on the key fob only unlocks the driver's door and pushing a second time unlocks the others ... don't ya? I had mine changed so that one push unlocks all doors; this could be your problem. Also, the micro-switch on the trunk now works at all times when the car in unlocked.:cheesy:
Bingo!!! :cheesy:

·
Registered
88 Posts
Roddemp said:
I have the same setup issue. I too have a 2003 Linear and have asked for the "all unlock" on one press and also unlock on key removal and lock on drive off from my dealer. But my dealer says that it can't be done on my car as it would require a completely different TechII software. So, after asking for all those changes, all I got was unlock driver door only on key out. Maybe it has to do with the model year. Anyone with a 2003 Linear get auto lock and unlock done successfully?

·
Registered
264 Posts
I would die of sheer delight if my dealer woiuld hnd me the Tech 2 and walk away for about 10 min!!!

My dealer told me that the switch on the trunk of the 9-3 wasn't hooked to anything. That it could not bew made to work. I had them set the comfort open for the windows and they got it wrong the first time ( only the sunroof would open) They got it right the next time. Charged me $42.50 Dollars.

I took information to them from this site about the trunk options i wanted and asked if they could do it. they said they could try. And it will cost me another $42.50.

·
Registered
49 Posts
OOHYA said:
I would die of sheer delight if my dealer woiuld hnd me the Tech 2 and walk away for about 10 min!!!
Well 30days after buying the car, I was overwhelmed.:eek: But I would welcome the chance today after a year of saabcentral membership.:cheesy:

·
Registered
98 Posts
my car had auto unlock on it so when i removed the keyfob it opened the door lock on the drivers side but is can be made to do all the doors

only unlocked the driver door as i has 1 push on keyfob to open drivers door and 2nd push for all other doors. as i am the only person who is normally in the car it is safer to have just the one door open

1 - 17 of 17 Posts