SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks, don't know if anyone can help but when I select reverse gear the car bangs and tries to lurch backwards. This only happens going into reverse, when warm and cold and never in any other gear. It doesn't matter if I go from park or neutral or anything, I've checked fluid and its nice and red and topped up.

When it bangs its as if I was revving high as the car does actually try to move back and it's quite a jolt......I suspect it enough of a jolt to break something soon :cry: any ideas?? Thanks for looking, it's a 900 on a P plate

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My first guess would be the transmission mount. Search for it, lots of info.
Thanks for quick reply, have checked mount and all fine, it's defiantly related only to reverse as the car jolts backwards and it doesn't appear to be movement related...best way to describe would be if you increased revs to something like 2000 then put into reverse its the same sort of jolt you would get then, it does go straight into gear with no delay and the jolt happens as soon as the selector hits R, doesn't happen when going back to D . Have checked the revs they are spot on, if I didn't have foot hard on break car would jump backwards quite violently

1 - 3 of 3 Posts