SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

We're having a strange thing happen periodically with the auto trans shifter knob (99 9-3 SE). When we try to lift the little catch at the back, it won't move and gets stuck. This doesn't happen every time but a couple of times quite badly. Sometimes, if the brake is down all the way, we can slightly push the shifter forward and then the catch will work and it shifts smooth as silk. Any idea why this might be happening and what we could do about it? I'd really appreciate your input. Thanks in advance!

Rachel

·
Registered
21,583 Posts
varaonaid said:
Hi all,

We're having a strange thing happen periodically with the auto trans shifter knob (99 9-3 SE). When we try to lift the little catch at the back, it won't move and gets stuck. This doesn't happen every time but a couple of times quite badly. Sometimes, if the brake is down all the way, we can slightly push the shifter forward and then the catch will work and it shifts smooth as silk. Any idea why this might be happening and what we could do about it? I'd really appreciate your input. Thanks in advance!

Rachel
A matter of adjustments ?
Check out the Haynes Manual - available from Haynes..
Also check out the engine mounts..When the brake is engaged, the engine moves some, I think ??

1 - 2 of 2 Posts