SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's winter and I have a new Saab - a '97 900SE V6 automatic with 40k kms on the clock. It's a dream but it has started being silly. When started from cold it stays in 1st gear too long (up to 3500/4000 revs then thumpo it goes into 2nd.

I've been reading the postings and one alludes to this being normal "to warm the engine up" - hmmm 4000 rpms on a cold motor - no thanks.

Once that first change has happened it changes gear like a dream smooth & sweet. I had the gear box flushed today hoping that would cure it but als no. The garage did say that the oil coming out looked pretty good.

Sooooo anyone wnat to set my mind at ease with an good answer or a solution or even bad news?

Cheers & thanks

chris

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
The swiftmobile does the virtually same and always has, only if you are not light on the throttle. It also depends on whether the car has been idling after start up. If I reverse out of my garage and drive off, the first change up to second is a bit late. However if I drive out of the garage and turn around at the end of the cul-de-sac, before travelling out along the same stretch of road, the car has already inperceptably changed up.

HTH

1 - 2 of 2 Posts