SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
867 Posts
It certainly worked for me and improved shifting while driving and going from P to D when parked. BUT the vibration was way too much for me - my grille and hood both dance and rattle at idle with it in and I feel a nice buzz in the seat - that I went back to the stock one.

·
Registered
527 Posts
It certainly worked for me and improved shifting while driving and going from P to D when parked. BUT the vibration was way too much for me - my grille and hood both dance and rattle at idle with it in and I feel a nice buzz in the seat - that I went back to the stock one.
Did a new stock one solve your shifting too?
p

·
Registered
867 Posts
Well my original stock one was in good condition even though I installed a new one. Can't say it really improved shifting. The solid one from GS did make a noticeable improvement in shifting however. Albeit with a lot of idle vibrations.

·
Registered
3,196 Posts
A new OEM bar may be what you need.........

That square block of rubber in the end tends to break down over time. A new OEM bar made a world of difference in my car without the vibration issue the harder urethane blocks cause.

What is good for track day does not necessarily work well for daily street driving.

·
Registered
403 Posts
didn't notice any vibration after to changing to poly, it depends on the condition of your other mounts me thinks.

Improved smoothness on and off the gas everywhere, great improvement for 45 bux.

·
Registered
3,380 Posts
I had the exact same issues and took mine out. And I think my other mounts were pretty healthy with only 45k miles on them at the time.

·
Registered
3,380 Posts
I'm going to hang onto mine in case I some day get motivated to try it again. I'm going to replace my upper transmission mount soon because I think it's shot. If it is shot I may want to give the poly mount another chance.

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
What color is your mount? They changed the colors recently and I wonder if its a slightly different rubber now, they claim there is hardly any vibration difference between stock and theirs.

I think the new ones are blue.

·
Registered
3,380 Posts
Yeah, it's only like $35. It's not too painful if you don't like it and end it taking it out. I will tell you though that in addition to cleaner shifts it tightened my steering A LOT. I have no idea why but my car cornered like a BMW with that sucker in there. Then it felt like a Lincoln Town Car for a couple weeks after taking it out until I got used to it.

Here's an idea of the vibration I got with it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AYABJK8Loxo

·
Registered
740 Posts
didn't notice any vibration after to changing to poly, it depends on the condition of your other mounts me thinks.

Improved smoothness on and off the gas everywhere, great improvement for 45 bux.
Agreed. When I changed mine, it was the last of the mounts (the others where new) and I didn't notice any vibration increase. It did tighten the gear shifts and maybe even made the steering feel better (or was it just me? hard to say). Then again, I have V6 so they rattle less in general...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts