SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
now lets all think about this seriously and discuss...

my beef is this, i believe that if i were to do this on me 01 SE that i will need a manual t7 ecu, transmission computer, obviously the transmission and clutch lines, slave cylinder, master cylinder and the above... my question is what about abs, tcs, and all of the above....????

ideas and thoughts please.... serious only, i want this to become a faq, as i may be aquiring a transmission from Adam (A12);)

anyone know if nick's hydraulic kit comes with everything i need for the clutch pedals and cylinders and ish?? http://www.genuinesaab.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=21_39&products_id=156

·
Registered
464 Posts
My tranny may require a rebuild by the time you get it but I'm sure we can work something out if your seriously interested.Do you think you really need a t7 manual tranny ecu?I wonder if Frank (SQR) can program it so that there are no problems with the manual,that is,if you were going to go thru him for an ecu upgrade anyways.:cheesy:

·
Registered
483 Posts
I dont know about you needing a tranny computer, since i dont really think a manual tranny would need a computer???. But yeah you would probabaly defently need a T7 ecu meant for a manual.

as far as traction control, as far as traction control i believe all this is run off of is the T7 electronic throttle body so as long as you have the right manual ECU i belive this should still work just fine (and hey traction control sucks anyway IMO) as far as ABS, I am pretty sure that has its own controller so again I think that would work as well.

I am pretty sure Nicks kit comes with the new pedal assembly, and I have a master cylinder off of the totaled 900 so I think if your willing to put the money into it, its defently doable, and I will be happy to be right there by your side trying to figure out how to make it work

·
Registered
11,140 Posts
Nick's kit comes with the pedal assembly, slave cylinder, hydraulic throwout bearing, hydraulic piping, and two lengths of tube. You can download the drilling template from Nick's site.

I installed it this spring and it's great...

oh...you DEFINITELY need a socket wrench to remove and reinstall the pedal assembly...

·
Registered
11,140 Posts
I know you'll need an ECU from a manual H.O.T. (or, as A12 said, to have one reprogrammed in that way) but I don't know what other sensors are involved. It would probably be the best idea to get the entire wiring harness from the manual H.O.T., as changing a wiring harness is really not that hard and might eliminate a lot of problems with sensor matching.

That said....

I really enjoy driving my wife's auto. There's something to be said for just being able to punch it....:cheesy:

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
good do the swap then I can pursue the title of fastest automagic.:cheesy:

I think the ECU is definitely different, I know the Maptun guys made my ECU knowing I had an autobox so they could make the torque more limited in lower gears and adjust the boost curve so it is a smoother build of boost, starts more gently than the manual, and then builds BIG and quick as you go through the gear... to save some wear and tear on the tranny.

·
Registered
2,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i dunno bout being the fastest auto ;) ... i just popped in a new gm maf and the car seems to be running a little better...lol

·
Registered
36 Posts
i did the swap in my 97 i did put a 5 speed computer in it and just pulled the plug for tcm out of the trionic main plug and taped them up or else you will have check engine and gearbox.... abs will be fine the only thing i have problems with is i have no cruise due to the fact that there is no sensor plug for the clutch pedal..

·
Registered
2,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hey josh one day whenever u get the chance can u pull that whole system off your car, meaning the pedal, the arms brackets, the cylinders and stuff.. id like to take that... so i have all the parts started in a pile :) and adam if we can get it to work i will gladly take that tranny...

Dan u WILL NOT have the fastest AUTO.... lol ..... U know Y
as soon as i am done, i am coming to NY to do yours... then again i will likely do this over winter anyway.. hahaha

but ya josh if u can grab all that ish please... thanks...

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
ricot83 said:
Dan u WILL NOT have the fastest AUTO.... lol ..... U know Y
as soon as i am done, i am coming to NY to do yours... then again i will likely do this over winter anyway.. hahaha
OKAY SURE! :lol: :p if you can find me all the needed parts and you can do the swap for me cheap... somehow I don't think this is gonna be a cheap project, but I hope it works for you. ;) you usually seem to get the hook-ups on parts and whatnot...

def keep me updated on what it takes to do this and how much $$$ it costs you, just for curiosity's sake if nothing else.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Yeah I can defetnly grab that ish off the wreck. The thing is you might want to buy a new slave cylinder, because the slave cylinder is integral to the throw out bearing (at least when i took a quick look at it, thats what it looked like) that slave cylinder is at my friends house where my old tranny just got put in his 95 900, so I can grab that cylinder, because we kept his car as a cable clutch.

·
Registered
2,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i dont need the slave cylinder i can get that.. just like all the other ****.... that would b f'n awesome man thanks... greatly appreciate it... what about linkage ???

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hi,

I'm almost definite that this is going to be pretty *blank*-ing expensive. I've done one of these swaps before (not on a saab though, this is my first saab). I did this swap on a Honda Integra Sir-G back in Japan and boy was that a kick in the pants. I had to change the pedal assembly (all the hydraulic pedal linkage), the tranny, cams, wiring harness, shift linkage, and ecu. Basically what I did was buy a front clip from another car to get all the donor parts needed. I know saabs are quite a bit different (not as "plug-and-play") than Honda's, but I hope that this can somehow be informative. :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts