SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking about doing a conversion on my 03 9-3 linear 2.0t... how difficult would it be, what parts would i need? would it be all bolt in or would there be any fab involved... also any ideas on an estimate for parts?

LMK thanks!

·
Registered
423 Posts
Aha! I've heard talk about it on the forum before and apparently it requires a lot of components/work... but hopefully someone can chime in who knows a little more. Not sure if it's actually been done.

·
Registered
6,332 Posts
Its atleast 5000 dollars in parts and labor and there is no point the auto transmission is sufficent for any need one may have. Sell your car and buy another if you want a manual transmission feel.

·
Registered
789 Posts
Have to agree with PT. Even if you had a "free" donor vehicle...changing the trans and axles, the shifter, adding clutch system, removing auto brake pedal, is the auto main instrument with the PRND going to be OK with no TCM? Just a huge amount of work to make it "look" right, then to be Fed when one module or another is not going to cooperate. And Ive changed a half dozen old 900s to manuals...this aint that.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts